Vibrant Eastern Canada and The USA (Summer 2020)
Vibrant Eastern Canada And The Usa – Summer 2020
Delve into the scenic roads and spectacular scenery of Canada and the USA on this dazzling trip, that takes you from historic Montreal, along the famous Kancamagus Highway and on to the Big Apple. Meet knowledgeable locals such as two jam-making islanders on Île d’Orléans, see iconic sites and dine at the finest of restaurants, including Chez Rioux and Pettigrew in Quebec City. As you travel in style, stay at the most sought-after addresses – the Sagamore Resort on Lake George offers a blissful getaway, positioned on a secluded island. Enjoy a selection of exclusive VIP Experiences, as you learn more about the world of Champagne at Le Vignoble Le Cep d’Argent and spend the day like a Vanderbilt in the towering Adirondack Mountains, at the family’s iconic estate.
- Quebec City: Indulge on authentic regional flavors at Chez Rioux & Pettigrew.
- Adirondack Mountains: Dine like a Vanderbilt at their famous estate.
- Hudson Valley: Visit Hyde Park and The Culinary Institute of America, widely recognized as the world’s premier culinary college. Enjoy a farm-to-table lunch in the institute’s American Bounty Restaurant, which focuses on local produce of the Hudson Valley paired with New York State wines.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 4 Lunches (L) and 6 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Montreal: Explore historic Old Montreal with a Local Expert and see the Old Port and dramatic Notre Dame Basilica to see its glorious stained-glass windows.
- Bar Harbor: Take a guided walking tour of Old Quebec. See the Citadel of Quebec, the Latin Quarter, the National Assembly and the Place-Royale as you explore this city’s French-Canadian influence.
- Quebec: Journey to Quebec’s area known as the Eastern Townships, past the beautiful Lake Memphrémagog region and stop at the Abbaye De Saint-Benoit-Du-Lac for a private guided tour of the cloisters and church.
- White Hampshire: Travel along the panoramic Kancamagus Highway, a 34.5 mile American Scenic Byway that is well known as one of the best areas in the country for viewing fall foliage.
- White Mountains: Take a trip to Mount Washington, the highest peak and most prominent mountain in the Northeastern United States at 6,288.2 ft (1,916.6 m). Enjoy a scenic ride aboard the Mount Washington Cog Railway.
- Vermont: Join Rock of Ages quarry stonemasons as they talk about creating monument stonework sculptures, mausoleums and civic monuments featured throughout the United States.
- New York: Take a guided tour of Kykuit, home to four generations of the famous Rockefeller Family, including John D. Rockefeller, who was the richest man in America in his time.
- Montreal: One of Montreal’s most iconic landmarks, Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, has been boldly decorated to reflect the golden years of Montreal with new, bright and dynamic interiors. Completed in 1958, it is now home to a completely redesigned wellness centre and indoor pool, an urban market, a signature bar and Rosélys restaurant, dedicated to fresh produce from the hotel’s artisan market.
- Quebec City: Located inside the walls of Old Quebec, the Fairmont Le Chteau Frontenac holds magnificent views of the St. Lawrence River and Quebec City’s Old Town, which is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You’ll be guaranteed river rooms and a relaxing stay, with luxurious lodging, gourmet cuisine and a new health club there to keep you pampered, nourished and refreshed for the journey ahead.
- Whitefield: Mountain View Resort opened in 1866, and since then this picturesque hotel has offered the perfect storybook setting for an idyllic mountain retreat, with sweeping views over the New Hampshire countryside. Guests can enjoy locally grown, farm-to-table cuisine at its in-house venue, Harvest Tavern.
- Lake George: Situated on a secluded private island on Lake George, The Sagamore Resort dates back to the 1880s and is famous for hosting families, celebrities and dignitaries alike. It offers lakeside accommodation, award-winning dining and its own 18-hole golf course designed by famous golfer Donald Ross. You’ll dine at one of the venue’s eight exceptional dining destinations during you stay.
- New York: Elegance, plush décor, marble bathrooms and striking Art Deco touches can be found at Essex House. Spread across 44 floors, you’ll be presented with stunning views at this upscale Manhattan hotel, including of one of New York’s finest treasures, Central Park. You’ll be situated just moments away from Lincoln Center, Columbus Circle and Fifth Avenue.
- Ile d’Orleans: Visit a secret gem on the Île d’Orléans where you will be met by your hosts, the charming couple, Catherine and Vincent – two “Sorcerers,” as the natives of Ile d’Orleans call themselves, and indulge in the different flavours of jam made with locally grown berries. As you enter, you will be immediately welcomed by the sweet smell of cooked berries as you explore their shop which, captures the ambience of the island from a hundred years ago.Then enjoy a tasty picnic lunch with cheese, bread, fruits and wine – all produced right on the island. As you eat, take in the views of rolling hills and red-roofed farm houses.
- Quebec: Indulge in the world of Champagne in the Eastern Townships. Learn about the historic controversy of differentiating Champagne from sparkling wine.
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander du…
Welcome to Montreal.
Highlights of Montreal.
Quebec City to Whitefield.
White Mountains Sightseeing.
A Sweet Serving of Stowe.
The Magnificent Adirondacks.
From Lake George to New York City.
Farewell New York.